- How to insert create and insert text onto your page
- How to create and insert paragraphs onto your page
- Create a Content Component
- Insert component onto page as "Content Full" template
- Once you're in the Building Blocks folder of your respective website, select "Create New Component" in the navigation bar and then select "Content" from the "Schema" drop down menu.
- In the "Name" field, enter a name that best matches the nature of the text you will enter. The name you enter here will not be displayed on your page, this name is solely for filing purposes.
Creating a Paragraph:
- The Title field is where you enter a title for your page.
- The Subtitle field is not always necessary, but if text is entered here a subtitle will appear directly under the Title in slightly smaller font.
- Introduction text for summaries and Image displays in summary views fields are optional fields. They are discussed in the Summary Templates section.
- You will see a section called Paragraph: this is where all body text will be entered. Enter a Paragraph heading and proceed to insert the body text in the Text and Tables section. You must enter text in the "Text and tables" section for this type of component in order to save.
- Note: You do not always have to enter a Title or a Paragraph Heading, but if your page will feature multiple paragraphs, we recommend inserting both so that your viewers can clearly and easily identify the content of your page.
- Once you've finished inserting your paragraph(s), click Save & Close in the Home tab. The component is ready to be inserted onto a page in your root folder.
- In the component presentations tab of your page, click Insert. Your Building Blocks folder will pop up, select the component you created, and in the Component Template drop down menu to the right, select Content Full. Hit save and close, and your read to publish.
Creating Multiple Paragraphs:
- If you have multiple paragraphs that you would like to include on a single page, it's best to separate these paragraphs by using multiple "Texts and tables" sections.
- To create an additional paragraph within the same content component you've been working on, select the green (+) to the left of "Paragraph heading." An additional section will appear below the first paragraph you created. Again, you must enter information in the "Text and tables" section. If you no longer want to create a new paragraph, be sure to select the red (X) to delete the section from the component.
- Once you've finished inserting your paragraph(s), click on "Save & Close" in the Home tab. The component is ready to be inserted onto a page in your root folder.
- In the "component presentations" tab of your page, click "Insert". Your Building Blocks folder will pop up, select the component you created, and in the "Component Template" drop down menu to the right, select "Content Full." Hit save and close, and you're ready to publish.
Creating Paragraphs Examples
A- "Title" field.
B- "Text and Tables" field.
C- "Paragraph Heading" field in the first "paragraph" of the content component.
D- "Text and Tables" field in the first "paragraph."
E- "Paragraph Heading" field which starts the second "paragraph" of the content component.
Using the Content Component in Center or Left Column of Page
A- "Title" field.
B- "Text and Tables" field of first "paragraph."
C- "Paragraph Heading" field in the second "paragraph."
D- "Text and Tables" field in the second "paragraph.