What You Will Learn
1) How to edit pages and/or components that have already been published
You can also watch the video to the right for easy-to-follow instructions on how to edit existing content.
Most often, editors spend the majority of their time editing existing pages and sites. Tridion has a streamlined method for editing pages that eliminates the hassle of having to work in the Building Blocks folders to edit the components that make up pages in the Root folder.
To edit an existing page:
- Go to the Root folder of your publication.
- Select and open the page where you want to make edits.
- Select the "Component Presentations" tab.
- Select the component that contains the text and/or multimedia that you want to edit.
- If you are working in a child publication, a window will pop up and ask if you want to edit the "parent item." Select, "Edit the Parent Item."
- Tridion will take you to the component that lives in the Building Blocks folder. Make your edits.
- When you're finished with the component, remember to hit "Save & Close" in the home tab.
- Once you save, you will be returned to the "Component Presentations" tab of the page you were working in. Hit "Save & Close" again.
- Publish the page to preview or live.