Social Media Guidelines
Publishing under the Yale Name
- Yale Copyright Policy
- Standards of Business Conduct (e.g., "Respect for Others")
- Anything related to patient care would be subject to HIPAA
http://hipaa.yale.edu/patientinfo/index.html (i.e., respect patients' privacy and make sure they understand what it might mean to "friend" the OCD Clinic, for example).
You Have Responsibility
It is very important that if a "Yale" account is started on any social media platform, the organization makes sure
- That it is someone’s job to monitor it
- That more than one person has access to it
- That if the primary person leaves who is responsible for the account the responsibility for it gets transferred to someone else.
Stay away from objectionable language, internal politics, sensitive topics, etc. Use proper grammar and spelling.
Secrets are Secret
Don’t publish information that is not yet ready to be published.
Make sure that when you are done with the account, there is a clear statement online of the end, or that the account is deleted. Don’t just allow the account to fall into inactivity.