What You Will Learn
- How to add full width images onto your page
- Upload and create New Multimedia components for full size and cropped images
- Insert images into About the Image component
- Insert About the Image component onto page as "Wide Image" template
Wide images span the full width of the content area of a page and always appear at the top of the page. If there is a content component on the page, the content component's "Title Field" will be displayed as a H1 page title above the wide image.The wide photo will work on a one column or two column page. On a two column page, the two columns will start below the wide photo.
- You will first need to upload an original image (the uncropped image) and 720 x 390 landscape cropped image into Tridion.
- In your Building Blocks folder, open a new component and select the "About the Image"schema from the drop down menu. You will upload both images into this component. Save & Close.
- In your Root folder, open the page where you want to insert this image.
- When inserting the "About the Image" component on the page, select "Wide Image"from the template drop down menu. Save & closeyour page and publish! Note: Tridion will automatically crop the image that is eventually published to 720 x 390