The Link schema can be used to create buttons, an easy and quick way to feature a linked call out on your page. The button can either be a component link or a standard URL link (only fill out one of the two options).
- Create a New Component in your Building Blocks folder and select "Link" from the schema drop-down menu.
- Link Title:This field represents the text that will appear in your button. Enter short text that quickly grabs visitors' attention.
- Componentlink: Use this field if you are linking to a page within your own publication. Select the yellow folder with the magnifying glass and choose the component that is inserted on the published page to link to.
- URL for the link: Use this field if you are linking to a page outside of your publication. Click the the hyperlink button to the right and enter the URL in the "URL" field.
- Image (used with the Button Template): Click the yellow folder with the magnifying glass to select an image in your Building Blocks folder. This image is placed inside the button box. Without inserting an image, this space will be left blank.
- Save & Close.
- Open the Root folder of your publication and the page you want to insert a button. In the component presentations tab, insert your button and select "Button (Right Column)" from the template drop-down menu.
- Save & Close the page, then publish.