Faculty Profile Widgets
Faculty Widgets are useful for organizations that would like to highlight information for only one individual on a homepage, such as a principle investigator for a lab. These widgets appear in the right column of a page.Just like other Profile components, you must also include a Faculty page within the same Structure Group as the page that will include the widget. See the general Faculty Profile Listing instructions for more information.
- In your Building Blocks folder, open a new component and select "Faculty Profile Widget" from the Schema menu.
- Heading: Insert an appropriate heading.
- Subtitle (to override faculty titles from feed): Leave blank.
- Page Name: Insert the name of the faculty member by first_last. For example, justin_fanser
- Component link to Faculty Profile: Insert the Faculty Directory component for this individual. See general Faculty Profile Listing Instructions for more information about the Faculty Directory component.
- DisplayAddresses: Select each box to include an address for each location.
- Show general phone numbers: Select "true" if you would like phone numbers to be listed.
- Save & Close your component.
- Open your Root folder and then the page that you want to feature this widget.
- Insert the widget component in the Component Presentations tab, and select "Faculty Profile Widget Right Column" from the template menu.
- Save & Close your page. Publish this page and your Faculty Profile page.