Faculty Profiles Listing
- Create Faculty Directory component(s) with the orgID(s) of the org(s) you want to list. Select the options that you want to appear on the faculty listing page once published.
- Create one Faculty Directory page by inserting the Faculty Directory component with the Faculty Profile template. Use the file name: faculty
- Create Faculty Listing page(s) in same structure group as Faculty Profile page by inserting the Faculty Directory as Faculty Listing template.
All YSM sites are required to utilize the Faculty Profile System when adding listings of faculty members. The Web Group does not manage or edit faculty profiles themselves (this is the responsibility of faculty and/or their administrative assistants), but assists in developing and editing the component that allows for the Faculty Listing to appear on your site.
For information about editing individual profiles or organizations in the system, please see the Faculty Profile section of Web Applications.
Creating a Faculty Page Listing in Tridion
To display a faculty profile page, you will need to create two separate pages (a page that displays the faculty listing and a page to display individual profiles of those on the listing) within the Structure Group that houses your faculty profile page.
- Create a New Component, name it, then choose "Faculty Directory" from the Schema drop down menu.
- Faculty Directory fields:
- Layout View: Your selection here determines how the listing will appear on your site. To see how these different layouts appear, please see the examples in the list below.
- Organization ID: Enter the appropriate 6-digit organization ID from the profile system, this determines which faculty will display. The org ID's for profile organizations appear in the URL of the Details pages in the profile system. Example: "http://profile.yale.edu/organization/organization.asp?orgID=108789"
- Show Thumbnails: Check if you want headshot thumbnails to display next to each faculty member in the list. These pictures are pulled directly from the Faculty Profile System.
- Show leadership at the top of listing views: Check this option box to display the leaders of the chosen organization at the top of the listing with their leadership title. This will display information entered into the "Leadership" section of an organization's "Details" page in the profile system.
- Show Research Interests, Clinical Interests, Academic and Business Titles, Contact Info: Select your preferences, not all layouts have the option to display this information.
- Preferred biography to display: This option determines which biography from the profile system to display when a "Bio Listing" template is chosen.
- Hide the letter anchors: Only applies to the A-Z Columns listing.
- Suppress Links to Profile Pages: If you do not want visitors to be able to access an individual faculty profile through this list, check this box.
- Click Save & Close.
- Create and/or open the structure group that will house your faculty profile page.
- Create a New Page and insert the Faculty Directory component. This page will be used to display individual profiles.
- Name: Faculty Profile (NO NUMBERS NEEDED)
- File Name: faculty
- Insert the Faculty Directory component you created earlier.
- Select "Faculty Profile" from the Component Template drop down menu.
- Save & Close.
3. Create another New Page to include the Faculty Profile Listings that will appear on your page. This is the page that will display the actual listing:
- Name: 000_Faculty
- File Name: index
- NOTE: If this is not the first page in your structure group, do not use the 000_ prefix or "index" as the file name. Use what is appropriate for your navigation.
- Insert any Page Titles you created to help break up your page. Select "Content Full" from the Component Template schema list.
- Insert all of your Faculty Listings. Choose "Faculty Listing" from the Component Template schema list.
- Using the "Move Up" and "Move Down" buttons, order your components by Page Title first, then accompanying Listing. Example: Research Faculty Page Title, Research Faculty Listing, Diabetes Clinicians Page Title, Diabetes Clinicians Faculty Listing.
- Save & Close.
4. Publish both the Faculty Profile page and the 000_Faculty page.