Interactive Display Screen (Flyerboard)
The Flyerboard is an interactive touch screen designed to distribute up-to-date information through event listings, news, announcements, social media, multimedia, local guides, and people search throughout the School of Medicine's campus. Users interact with these screens via touch and can easily navigate through the various modules to immediately access information.
Slated to launch in May 2013, these screens can be purchased by departments and the information easily customized through the school's web content management system, Tridion, to pull department-specific content. Available modules include:
- Happening Now: an aggregate of the latest calendar events, news, announcements, multimedia and social media listings.
- Multimedia: an aggregate of video and images from school websites (via Tridion), Flickr, Vimeo and YouTube.
- Social Media: an aggregate of posts from Twitter and Facebook
- Announcements: items from the school’s news system tagged as an “announcement”
- Flyerboard: calendar events with a flyer or image
- News: a news listing and articles from the schools news system, along with other external sources such as the Yale Daily News, Yale Daily Bulletin and the local newspapers
- Yale Transit Map: a real-time display of Yale buses
- New Haven Guide: a listing of categorized venues and venue details from Foursquare
- Weather: real-time local weather and forecasts
- Calendar: an event calendar from the school’s event calendaring system
- Find a person: an integration with the school’s profile system that allows users to search for people or see lists of people alphabetically, by location or by organization
Interactive display screens are available in four sizes. The prices below include the monitor, touchscreen, computer, mounting bracket, and shipping. Excluded from these prices is the cost to run power and ethernet connections to the screen location, and the physical screen installation.
- 32" Screen: $2,196.88
- 40" Screen: $2,580.89
- 46" Screen: $2,941.58
- 55" Screen: $3,772.47
For most locations, we recommend either the 40" or 46" screens. Once you select your screen size, please contact our office at email@example.com to order the screen. We can also work with you to arrange installation.
- Infrastructure: Each screen needs a power and ethernet connection. Please work with YSM Facilities to arrange new power and ethernet connections if they do not currently exist in the desired location for the screen.
- Installation: Each screen must be professionally installed. Installation is very similar to installing a wall-hanging television at home. You can either work through YSM Facilities to arrange the screen's installation (mounting it to the wall) or our group can help arrange installation.
- Yearly Maintenance: We are currently negotiating the yearly maintenance fee, but anticipate this fee to be $750/screen/year. This fee helps cover the cost of software maintenance (patches and updates to the screen's operating system) as well as enhancements to the Flyerboard application that runs on each screen.
Training and Support
The Flyerboard is fully supported by the School of Medicine's Web Group. Our team provides training and support to the faculty and staff managing content on the screens, works to fix any bugs identified in the application, and continues to make enhancements and updates to the Flyerboard project.