Yale PhD students may apply to spend time at University College London for the purpose of research or study, under the supervision of a UCL faculty member. Visits are normally for a period of three months but may be shorter or longer depending on the individual case.
Tuesday January 5, 2016 (earliest exchange start date: April 2016)
Monday March 14, 2016 (earliest exchange start date: July 2016)
- All UCL tuition and fees are waived for Yale students on exchange.
- Obtaining a short-term student visa for study in the UK is easy if you are on the exchange.
- You will have full access to many libraries in London, not just the UCL libraries.
- You may take part in UCL academic seminars across a wide range of UCL departments.
- A UCL faculty member will serve as your academic supervisor and mentor.
- You may take part in UCL doctoral skills development courses (http://courses.grad.ucl.ac.uk/).
- You get to hang out in London!
How to apply:
There are a limited number of places available to Yale students on the exchange. The Visiting Research Student Status application is located at the following link: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/international/affiliate/visiting-research-students/how-to-apply-erasmus-exchange. The specific form one should complete (and guidance on doing so) is under the tab “Other Exchange Applicants”.
Once the form is complete, scan or print it, and submit it in person or by email to GSAS Associate Dean Allegra di Bonaventura (firstname.lastname@example.org) in Warner House.
PhD students from any GSAS department are eligible to apply.