- We will help you assess students, faculty, and educational programs, supporting your efforts to do the following:
- Design, analyze, or appraise assessment instruments and strategies
- Assess students' clinical competence in different domains
- Improve your assessment skills
- Evaluate your medical education curricula
- Evaluate the quality of your faculty members' teaching
- Include assessment in your medical education scholarship
- We will guide, train, and assist you with: (More...)
- Consultation – We are available to discuss questions about educational software and hardware and provide information about new developments and trends in digital technology.
- iPad – We offer instruction on how to use the iPad to access and search the YSM curriculum and related educational resources.
- Instructional Websites – We design, upload content, and publish websites used to support specific learning venues. We can also train administrative staff to maintain and edit them.
- Response Systems – We assist with the implementation of an audience response system that can be used in lectures or small groups to instantaneously adjust content according to learner’s needs.
- Software – We help find software solutions for complex instructional projects.
- Curation – We find and aggregate bibliographic and multi-media resources that support teaching.
- We will support you in the following ways: (More...)
- Consultation – We provide faculty, individually or in groups, with consultation on teaching skills and pedagogies such as problem based, team based, case based, and blended learning.
- Workshops - We offer a wide variety of workshops on pedagogy, curriculum, and assessment.
- Grand Rounds – We are available to present educational topics in a grand rounds setting.
- Educational Portfolios - We help faculty to define, document, and demonstrate their contributions to learning, curriculum development, administration, assessment, and leadership.
- Yale CV and Description of Activities - We help faculty document their educational contributions for the Yale format.
- Medical Education Fellowship – We offer a one-year, 10-session (2 hours/session) course in medical education.
- Medical Student Interest Group – We provide guidance and training to students with a special interest in medical education
- Peer assessment of Teaching - We are available to observe your teaching and we can provide a workshop to train a group of faculty in peer observation
- We will provide you with expertise and resources: (More...)
- Actors – We write scripts and train actors to be interviewed and examined by students for the purposes of learning, practice, and assessment of a variety of clinical abilities as specified by faculty in the learning objectives. Read more about Yale's standardized patient program.
- Role Plays – We construct role plays in which students portray patients, physicians, and observers for the purposes of learning and practice.
- Facilitator Training – We train faculty in basic techniques for teaching in venues involving standardized patients or role plays.
- Student Electronic Record – We have developed an online EMR that students can use to document and describe their interactions with standardized patients. Faculty can also use the EMR to create instructional cases. The data entered by students is automatically transmitted to faculty for review.
- We will help you to write teaching cases. (More...)
Patient scenarios can be used to foster student engagement in a wide variety of pre-clinical and clinical learning objectives. We can help faculty to develop and present case content using a variety of formats ranging from simple text through multi-media. We can also help design virtual patients that incorporate logic for practicing clinical reasoning skills. Cases can also be aggregated into online case books corresponding to specific learning venues including classes, courses, and multi-disciplinary curricula.