John A Encandela PhD
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry; Associate Director for Curriculum and Educator Assessment, Teaching & Learning Center (SOM)
Departments & Organizations
Medical education; Health services for vulnerable populations; cultural awareness in healthcare more...
- M.A., West Virginia University, 1981
- Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1994
- Encandela J, C. Gibson, N. Angoff, G. Leydon, M. Green. Characteristics of test anxiety among medical students and congruence of strategies to address it. Medical Education Online 2014, 19: 25211 - http://dx.doi.org/10.3402/meo.v19.25211
- Peluso, M., J. Encandela, J. Hafler, C. Margolis. Guiding principles for the development of global health education curriculae in undergraduate medical education, Medical Teacher 2012, 34:653–658.
- Konopasek, L., M. Rosenbaum, J. Encandela, K. Cole-Kelly. Evaluating Communication Skills Training Courses. In Handbook of Communication in Cancer and Palliative Care, eds. D. Kissane, B. Bultz, P. Butow, I.G. Finlay, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, 2010, pp. 683-694.