The mission of the Department of Therapeutic Radiology/Radiation Oncology at the Smilow Cancer Hospital, Yale-New Haven Medical Center is to:
- provide consultative, treatment and medical care services on a routine and emergency basis;
- deliver high quality health care in an efficient, effective and courteous manner;
- assist patients and families in coping with the patient's disease;
- refer or direct patients and families to appropriate resources within or outside Yale New Haven Hospital;
- provide access to departmental records for practitioners involved in the care of their patients;
- and be responsive to the needs of those who come to us for help.