The mission of the Committee on the Status of Women in Medicine is to raise awareness of issues relevant to women faculty in medicine and advocate for women faculty with respect to these issues and gender equity.
Current effort is focused on:
- Building a supportive environment for women faculty at Yale
- Recruitment and retention of women faculty members
- Compensation equity
- Mentoring opportunities
- Childcare availability and affordability
Current SWIM Recommendations to the Dean:
- Composition of Search committees
- Diversity in the Yale Medical Group
- A Diversity Officer for the School of Medicine
- Role of a Diversity Officer
SWIM meets regularly with the Dean to address issues and work together on ongoing initiatives critical to ensuring gender equity at the School of Medicine.