Alan Dardik MD-PhD, FACS, FAHA
Professor of Surgery (Vascular); Chief, Vascular Surgery, VA Connecticut Healthcare Systems, West Haven, CT
Departments & Organizations
Vein graft adaptation; Fistula adaptation; Markers of blood vessel identity during vein graft and AVF adaptation; How understanding the mechanisms of vein graft adaptation lead to improved tissue engineering; Effects of aging on vein graft adaptation; Bioengineering a "better" blood vessel more...
- B.S., Yale University, New Haven, CT, 1986
- M.D./Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1993
- Kondo Y, Jadlowiec CC, Muto A, Yi T, Protack C, Collins MJ, Tellides G, Sessa WC, Dardik A. The Nogo-B-PirB axis controls macrophage-mediated vascular remodeling. PLoS ONE 8(11):e81019 (2013).
- Muto A, Yi T, Harrison KD, Dávalos A, Fancher TT, Ziegler KR, Feigel A, Kondo Y, Nishibe T, Sessa WC, Dardik A. Eph-B4 prevents venous adaptive remodeling in the adult arterial environment. Journal of Experimental Medicine 208(3):561-575 (2011).
- Dardik A and Gaunt M. Outpatient Surgery. Clinical decision making and board review. Radcliffe Publishing, London (2012).