Mohsen Karimi, MD
Assistant Professor of Surgery (Section of Cardiac Surgery); Associate Chief, Pediatric Cardiac Surgery; Associate Chief of Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery, Northeast Pediatric Specialties, Inc. Yale-New Haven Children's Hospital & Connecticut Children's Medical Center
Departments & Organizations
improved surgical techniques, including lower need for heart medications, shorter ventilator support, lower complication rate, and much shorter length of stay in the hospital; blood conservation measures to improve outcomes in pediatric cardiac operations; blood conservation in cardiac surgery; limited or no-blood transfusion during cardiac surgery. more...
- M.S., Indiana University, Purdue University, 1992
- M.D., Indiana University School of Medicine, 1996
- 1. Mohsen Karimi, MD, Ivan Florentino-Pineda, MD, Ted Weatherred, MD, Ahsan Qadeer, MD, Carol Ann Rosenberg, CCP, Andrea Hudacko, CCP, Duchwan Ryu, PhD. Blood Conservation Surgery in Pediatric Cardiac Patients: A paradigm Shift to Blood Use. (Accepted to the ATS 09/2012)
- 2. Mohsen Karimi, MD, Alysha Jaffer, PA, Mac Vining, MD, Rod Pellenberg, MD, Ryan Jajosky, MD. Papillary Fibroelastoma of Tricuspid Valve in a Pediatric Patient. (Accepted to ATS 10/2012).
- 3. Mohsen Karimi, MD, Carol Ann Rosenberg, BA, CCP, William Lutin, MD. Surgical Management of Modified Damus-Kaye-Stansel after Fontan Operation. Cardiology in the Young. Oct. 2012.