Dr. Kurt Eric Roberts is a board-certified general surgeon who is fellowship-trained in minimally invasive surgery. He specializes in laparoscopic gastrointestinal surgery; laparoscopic bariatric surgery; laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery and especially laparoscopic gastric banding; laparoscopic repair of inguinal hernias and abdominal wall hernias such as incisional hernias or ventral hernias; laparoscopic gallbladder surgery; cholecystectomy; laparoscopic surgery for reflux and achalasia (esophagus); laparoscopic colon surgery; laparoscopic emergency general surgery; endoluminal therapy (a revolutionary approach to Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - GERD); laparoscopic surgery for pancreatitis. Additionally, he focuses on new technology and techniques in advanced minimally invasive surgery including Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILS), i.e. removal of the appendix or gallbladder through only one small incision hidden in the umbilicus (belly button). He also performs scarless surgery (Natural Orifice Transluminal Surgery - NOTES) through natural orifices such as the stomach or vagina for patients with appendicitis or symptomatic gallbladder disease.
- Roberts KE, Solomon D, Mirensky T, Silasi D, Duffy AJ, Rutherford T, Longo, WE, Bell RL. Pure Transvaginal Appendectomy versus Traditional Laparoscopic Appendectomy for Acute Appendicitis: A prospective cohort study, Annals of Surgery 2012 Feb;255(2):266-
- Solomon D, Shariff AH, Silasi DA, Duffy AJ, Bell RL, Roberts KE. Transvaginal cholecystectomy versus single-incision laparoscopic cholecystectomy versus four-port laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a prospective cohort study. Surg Endosc. 2012 May 2. [Epub ahe
- Roberts KE, Solomon D, Duffy AJ, Bell RL. Single-Incision Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy: A Surgeon's Initial Experience with 56 Consecutive Cases and a Review of the Literature. J Gastrointest Surg. 2010 Mar;14(3):506-10.
- Roberts K, Shetty S, Shariff A, Silasi D, Duffy A, Bell R. Transvaginal NOTES Hybrid Cholecystectomy. Surgical Innovation 2011 Dec 4. [Epub ahead of print]
- Phillips M, Marks J, Roberts K, Tachino R, Onders R, DeNoto G. Rivas H, Islam, Arsalla, Soper N, Gecelter G, Rubuch E, Paraskeva P, Rosemurgy A, Shah S. Intermediate Results of a Prospective Randomized Controlled Trial of Traditional Four Port Laparoscopi
- Roberts KE. True single port appendectomy: First experience with the “Puppeteer Technique”. Surgical Endoscopy 2008; accepted.