At Yale Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, we are dedicated to providing you or your child with the utmost comprehensive and individualized care. With a family- and patient-centered approach, our focus is on making sure you feel comfortable and confident during the entire treatment process, including initial consultation, diagnosis, pre-surgical evaluation and prep, surgery, recovery, and follow-up observation.
Each program of the Yale Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery section provides special expertise that encompasses the entire breadth of reconstructive, extirpative (surgical removal), and cosmetic plastic surgery. Our teams work together and with multidisciplinary specialists within Yale to provide the most comprehensive and current diagnostic and treatment procedures available. All of our surgeons are faculty of the Yale School of Medicine Department of Surgery, where their work in clinical and translational research is internationally recognized for advancing medical knowledge.
Our programs, centers, and specialties include:
- The Yale Airway and Sleep Disorders Program, which diagnoses and treats breathing and sleep-related breathing disorders, such as obstructed sleep apnea, by opening obstructed airways to maximize airway effectiveness.
- The Yale Breast Reconstruction Program, which offers comprehensive management of the reconstruction of the breast following tumor removal and mastectomy.
- The Yale Cosmetic Surgery Center, which encompasses the breadth of cosmetic surgical programs to include face and breast surgery, facial rejuvenation, body contouring, post-bariatric weight loss, body resculpturing, and the most advanced surgical and non-surgical skin care techniques.
- The Yale Craniofacial Program, which provides comprehensive diagnosis, care, and management for tumor and vascular anomalies, and the most complex and rare congenital and acquired deformities of the head and neck region, as well as frequently observed clinical problems such as clefting of the lip and palate.
- The Yale Hand and Microsurgery Program, which offers the latest techniques and specialized expertise in the re-plantation of amputated digits or extremities. Hand surgery and occupational disorders are coordinated through a multidisciplinary effort directed not only toward traumatic and degenerative disorders of the upper extremities, but also the understanding and treatment of occupation-related disorders.
- The Yale Maxillofacial and Orthognathic Surgery Program, which alleviates symptoms of maxillofacial discrepancies to maximize the ability to speak, eat, and chew; to alleviate breathing problems; and to minimize TMJ pain and the potential for sleep apnea.
- The Yale Melanoma and Skin Cancer team, which uses the most current forms of melanoma treatment and reconstruction designed to preserve as much of your appearance as possible.