John P Geibel DSc, MD, MSc
Professor of Surgery (Gastrointestinal) and of Cellular and Molecular Physiology; Vice Chair, Surgery; Director, Surgical Research
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Molecular Medicine, Pharmacology, and Physiology
Cellular & Molecular Physiology: Physiology and Integrative Medical Biology Track | Graduate Program in Cellular and Molecular Physiology
Surgery: Geibel Lab
Gastric Acid Secretion; Colonic Fluid Transport; Renal Physiology; Intracellular Ion Activity Measurements; Calcium Sensing Receptor; Diarrheal disease; electrophysiology; CFTR; AMPKinase volume regulation more...
- M.S., University of New Brunswick, 1981
- D.Sc., University of Innsbruck, 1983
- M.D., University of Innsbruck, 1986
- Roginiel AC, Kohut DL, Kaur S, Saleh AM, Weber T, Geibel P, Singh H, and Geibel JP. Effect of NSAIDs on Na+/H+ exchanger activity in Rat colonic crypts. American journal of physiology Cell physiology 2013
- Kopic S, and Geibel JP. Gastric acid, calcium absorption, and their impact on bone health. Physiological reviews 93: 189-268, 2013.
- Capasso G, Geibel PJ, Damiano S, Jaeger P, Richards WG, and Geibel JP. The calcium sensing receptor modulates fluid reabsorption and acid secretion in the proximal tubule. Kidney international 2013.