The section of Neuropathology has developed fundamental clinical teaching and research tools over many years and visitors and inquiries are welcome. Our missions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Elucidating mechanisms of neurodegeneration
- Uncovering the molecular components of infectious agents causing human Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease
- Teaching undergraduates as well as medical and neuroscientists using our vast neuropatholgy archives, and unique experimental models of human disease in animals and in tissue culture
- Advising federal and international organization on related public health issues
- Advancing public education.