Successful and sustained weight loss for obesity is a team effort. Our surgeons and specialists offer compassionate support and care through all stages of weight loss, from preoperative treatment to postsurgical strategies that help you reach and maintain your goal weight. Our support groups, facilitated by weight-loss experts in a compassionate and encouraging environment, offer additional inspiration to help you stay motivated.
Our surgical team is comprised of world-class surgeons who are board certified and fellowship trained in minimally invasive, bariatric surgery. As faculty of the Yale School of Medicine, our surgeons are internationally renowned for their research in obesity and their pioneering work in advancing laparoscopic techniques. They are experts in revision, or “re-do,” surgeries and teach physicians around the country minimally invasive, bariatric procedures.
Our program offers three different minimally invasive bariatric surgical techniques, which include Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, LAP-BAND ® surgery, and laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy.
Our multidisciplinary team of experts includes specialists in medicine, nursing, nutrition, and psychology. Together, our surgeons and specialists are committed to meeting all your needs: medical, physical, and emotional. They offer expert knowledge, guidance, and support to help you stay motivated, on track, and uplifted every day of your weight-loss journey, while providing all the tools and education you need to maintain your new lifestyle.
The Yale Bariatric/Gastrointestinal Surgery Program's surgical team members include:
- Walter Longo, MD, MBA, FACS, FASCRS, Section Chief, Professor of Surgery, Director, Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Andrew J. Duffy, MD, FACS, Director, Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Yale-New Haven Health System; Director, Yale Surgical Skills and Simulation Center; Associate Professor of Surgery
- Saber Ghiassi, MD, MPH, FACS, Assistant Professor of Surgery, Site Director of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery at Bridgeport Hospital
- Matthew Hubbard, MD, MS, Assistant Professor of Surgery
- Geoffrey Nadzam, MD, FACS, Site Director, Surgical Residency Program; Site Director, Bariatric Surgery Program at St. Raphael's Campus; Assistant Professor of Surgery
- Kurt E. Roberts, MD, FACS, Associate Professor of Surgery