Glenda G Callender MD, FACS
Assistant Professor of Surgery (Endocrine Surgery); Endocrine Surgeon; Director, Endocrine Surgical Oncology Clinical Trials
Glenda G. Callender, M.D., FACS is a board-certified surgeon. She earned her medical degree from Harvard Medical School in 2000 and completed her residency at the University of Chicago Medical Center in 2007. Dr. Callender is fellowship-trained in Surgical Oncology and Surgical Endocrinology. She completed both fellowships in 2010 at M D Anderson Cancer Center.
Her clinical interests include thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal surgery. She focuses on minimally invasive approaches, and surgery for endocrine cancers. Her research focuses on outcomes of endocrine surgery, and clinical trials for endocrine cancers.
Education & Training
- University of Pennsylvania (1994)
- Harvard Medical School (2000)
- University of Chicago Medical Center, General Surgery (2001 - 2007)
- University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Surgical Endocrinology (2008 - 2009)
- University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Surgical Oncology (2009 - 2010)
- University of Chicago Medical Center, General Surgery (2000 - 2001)
- Board Certification
- Surgery, Board Certified (2008)