A completed Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) is required, which includes the following:
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE or “Dean’s Letter”)
- Medical student transcript
- At least 3 letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- USMLE Step 1 scores
- USMLE Step 2 scores are not a requirement but should be shared if you have them
Personal Interview Day
- Evening reception with Yale Surgery Residents
- This reception takes place at a local New Haven restaurant and includes a cocktail hour and dinner with the current Yale Surgery residents. Dinners are a relaxed and welcoming environment. Business casual is appropriate.
- The day begins at 7:30 with Applicants attending the Yale Department of Surgery Grand Rounds.
- The day will consist of an individual interview with the Chairman, the Program Director, and the Associate Program Director, and 3 interviews with Faculty members.
- The interview day should end approximately 2-3pm.
- Friday, October 21, 2016
- Friday, October 28, 2016
- Friday, November 18, 2016
- Friday, December 2, 2016
- Friday, December 9, 2016
- Friday, January 6, 2017
- Friday, January 13, 2017
International medical graduates:
- ERAS documentation
- Yale Surgery sponsors J1 visas
- US clinical experience is preferred, but not required