The Dental Clinics
The Dental Clinics serve as full-service dental offices for the general public, as well as the clinical facility for our residency programs. Yale-New Haven Hospital's Department of Dentistry operates as a private practice facility while continuing to fulfill the compassionate mission of the hospital. This affords residents the opportunity to understand and provide comprehensive care, and appreciate the treatment needs of patients from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds. Because some patients are severely medically compromised, residents learn to integrate necessary medical management strategies into the dental treatment plan. Our residents provide consultations on inpatients and may render follow-up treatment as needed.
The Pediatric Dentistry Center is located at 860 Howard Ave. New Haven, CT. Patients include a variety of infants, children or adolescents receiving specialty medical services or in ambulatory clinics, as well as established patients of record. Residents provide extensive oral health services for these children. Specialty services are provided for children with physical or emotional disorders, infants and children from an early intervention program and our community outreach services.
The GPR/ Adult Clinic is located at 789 Howard Ave, New Haven, CT. Y-NHH offers full-service comprehensive and emergency dental care to patients including orthodontics, implant dentistry and restorative dentistry in the clinic as well as the operating room. The dental care is provided by three GPR dental residents and two oral surgery residents, which are overseen by 30 volunteer faculty, who specialize in various specialties.
Our clinics feature
- 11 treatment rooms, 5 in GPR Clinic and 6 in Pediatric Clinic;
- State of the art and newly renovated dental operatories which are equipped for four-handed dentistry with an Adec chair and Adec unit side-delivery systems;
- Digital, traditional, and panoramic x-ray units;
- Separate reception areas for children and adults; and,
- Computer-equipped conference rooms which also serve as resident study rooms. Personnel include two receptionists, two secretaries, two financial coordinators, clinic manager, six dental assistants, an OMFS surgeon, pediatric dentists, pediatric dental anesthesiologist and over forty Dental Attendings.