Umer Mansoor Darr MD
Assistant Professor of Surgery (Section of Cardiac Surgery)
Dr. Umer Darr is board-certified in general and thoracic surgery. He is fellowship trained in cardiovascular (complex aortic and heart valve surgery). Dr. Darr earned his M.B.B.S from the Aga Khan University Medical College in Pakistan and completed a residency in general surgery at the University of Connecticut School of Medicine and in Cardiothoracic surgery at the Yale University School of Medicine.
Dr. Darr’s clinical interests include Cardiac Surgery, Aneurysm Aortic Surgery, Aortic Surgery, Cardiac Ablation, Cardiac Arrhythmias, Cardiovascular Surgery, Heart Surgery, and Thoracic Aortic Surgery.
Education & Training
- The Aga Khan University Medical College (1992)
- Yale University School of Medicine, Gastrointestinal Patholobiology
- University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Integrated General Surgery
- Yale University School of Medicine, Cardiothoracic Surgery (2001 - 2003)
- Toronto General Hospital, Cardiovascular (2003 - 2004)