Thomas A Steitz PhD
Sterling Professor of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry and Professor of Chemistry; Investigator, Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Biochemistry, Biophysics and Structural BiologyInfectious DiseasesTuberculosis
Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry: Cell Cycle and Transcriptional Regulation | DNA Replication and Repair | RNA Biology | Structural Biology | Thomas Steitz Lab
Protein Structure; Proteins and Macromolecules; Protein Nucleic Acid Complexes; X-ray Crystallography more...
- BA, Lawrence College, 1962
- Ph.D., Harvard University, 1966
- Bailey, S., Wing, R.A., and Steitz, T.A. (2006). The structure of T. aquaticus DNA polymerase III is distinct from eukaryotic replicative DNA polymerases. Cell 126:893-904.
- Schmeing, T.M., Huang, K.S., Strobel, S.A., and Steitz, T.A. (2005). An induced-fit mechanism to promote peptide bond formation and exclude hydrolysis of peptidyl-tRNA. Nature 438:520-524.
- Blaha G, Stanley RE, Steitz TA. Science. 2009 Aug 21;325(5943):966-70