In-Hyun Park PhD
Assistant Professor of Genetics; Yale Stem Cell Center
Reprogramming; iPS cells; Neurodevelopment; Epigenetics
- Investigation of genetic and epigenetic regulation of reprogramming
- in vitro model of human neurodevelopmental disease
Overexpression of four factors (Oct4, Sox2, Klf4, Myc, or
Oct4, Sox2, Nanog, Lin28) reprogram somatic cells to become induced pluripotent
stem (iPS) cells. Reprogramming accompanies genetic and epigenetic changes, and
its molecular mechanism is still unknown. We recently showed that in iPS cells
the global DNA methylation status is close to that of human embryonic stem
(hES) cells, suggesting the epigenetic resetting during reprogramming.
Furthermore, we have showed the possible dissection of stages in reprogramming
through live cell imaging analysis.
We will investigate the molecular mechanism of genetic and
epigenetic change during reprogramming. iPS cells show similar characteristics
as hES cells, such as self-renewal and pluripotency, and provide an incredible
resource for cell-based therapy, in vitro disease model and screening drugs.
- Kun-Yong Kim, Eriona Hysolli, In-Hyun Park. Neuronal maturation defect in induced pluripotent stem cells from Rett syndrome patients. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 2011;108:14169-14174. (PMC3161557)
- Sabine Loewer, Moran N Cabili, Mitchell Guttman, Yuin-Han Loh, Kelly Thomas, In Hyun Park, Manuel Garber, Matthew Curran, Tamer Onder, Suneet Agarwal, Philip D Manos, Sumon Datta, Eric S Lander, Thorsten M Schlaeger, George Q Daley and John L Rinn (2011) Large intergenic non-coding RNA-RoR modulates reprogramming of human induced pluripotent stem cells. Nat Genet. 42:1113-7. (PMID 21057500)
- Pierre Neveu, Min Jeong Kye, Shuping Qi, David E. Buchholz, Dennis O. Clegg, Mustafa Sahin, In-Hyun Park, Kwang-Soo Kim, George Q. Daley, Harley I. Kornblum, Boris I. Shraiman, and Kenneth S. Kosik (2010) MicroRNA profiling reveals two distinct p53-related human pluripotent stem cell states. Cell Stem Cell. 7:671-81. (PMID 21112562)
- Suneet Agarwal, Yuin-Han Loh, Erin M. McLoughlin, Junjiu Huang, In-Hyun Park, Justine D. Miller, Hongguang Huo, Maja Okuka, Rosana Maria dos Reis, Sabine Loewer, Huck-Hui Ng, David L. Keefe, Frederick D. Goldman, Aloysius J. Klingelhutz, Lin Liu and George Q. Daley, Telomere elongation in induced pluripotent stem cells from dyskeratosis congenita patients Nature. 2010;464, 292-296 (PMID 20164838)
- Elayne M Chan*, Sutheera Ratanasirintrawoot*, In-Hyun Park*, Hongguang Huo, Philip D Manos, Junsung Rho, Yuin-Han Loh George Q. Daley and Thorsten M. Schlaeger (2009) Live cell imaging distinguishes bona fide human iPS cells from partially reprogrammed cells. Nature Biotechnology. 27:1033-1037. (* contributed equally)
- Akiko Doi*, In-Hyun Park*, Bo Wen*, Peter Murakami, Dr. Rafael Irizarry, Brian Herb, Sabine Loewer, Thorsten Schlaeger, Justine Miller, Junsung Rho, George Q. Daley, Andrew P. Feinberg (2009), Hypo- and Hypermethylation of Tissue- and Cancer-related CpG Island Shores in Human Induced Pluripotent Stem (iPS) Cells. Nature Genetics. 41:1350-1353. (* contributed equally)
- In-Hyun Park, Natasha Arora , Hongguang Huo, Nimet Maherali, Tim Ahfeldt, Akiko Shimamura, M. William Lensch, Chad Cowan, Konrad Hochedlinger and George Q Daley (2008) Disease-specific induced pluripotent stem cells. Cell, 134:877-886.
- In-Hyun Park, Rui Zhao, Jason A. West, Akiko Yabuuchi, Hongguang Huo, Tan A. Ince, Paul H. Lerou, M. William Lensch and George Q Daley
(2008) Reprogramming of human somatic cells to pluripotency with defined factors. Nature 451:141-146.