Antonio J. Giraldez PhD
Associate Professor of Genetics; Member of the Yale Cancer Center; Member of the Stem Cell Center; Director of Graduate Studies
Departments & Organizations
Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Computational Biology and Bioinformatics | Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development | Biochemistry, Biophysics and Structural Biology: RNA Catalysis and Ribonucleoprotein Machines; Transcriptional Regulation
Stem Cell Center, Yale: Stem Cell Genetics
Center for RNA Science and Medicine, Yale
Small RNAs in Development
Gene Regulation and Functional Genomics
Non-coding RNAs, Post-transcriptional regulation; microRNAs; Developmental Biology; Gene regulatory networks; Systems Biology; Zebrafish more...
- B.S., University Autonoma of Madrid, 1998
- Ph.D., European Molecular Biology Laboratorium (EMBL), 2002
- Staton AA, Knaut H and Giraldez AJ. miRNA regulation of Sdf1 chemokine signaling provides genetic robustness to germ cell migration. Nature Genetics. 2011 Mar;43(3):204-11. Epub 2011 Jan 23.
- Cifuentes D, Xue H, Taylor DW, Patnode H, Mishima Y, Cheloufi S, Ma E, Mane S, Hannon GJ, Lawson ND, Wolfe SA, Giraldez AJ. A novel miRNA processing pathway independent of Dicer requires Argonaute2 catalytic activity. Science. 2010 Jun 25;328(5986):1694-8. Epub 2010 May 6.
- Mishima Y, Abreu-Goodger C, Staton AA, Stahlhut C, Shou C, Cheng C, Gerstein M, Enright AJ and Giraldez AJ. Zebrafish miR-1 and miR-133 shape muscle gene expression and regulate sarcomeric actin organization. Genes & Development. 2009 Mar 1;23(5):619-32. Epub 2009 Feb 24. PMID: 19240126