Medical School Building Demolished
“About 1860 the Yale School of Medicine moved from the old South Sheffield Hall to a private dwelling at 150 York Street. The school quickly outgrew the facilities offered by these premises, and about 1890 an additional structure was erected in the rear of the building. As the growth of the school continues, new facilities were acquired, including the Anthony N. Brady Memorial Laboratory (1917), and the original building was used entirely for anatomy.
“The building at 150 York Street was occupied by the school until 1922 and will be remembered by many alumni as the original medical school building. Although it was no longer a part of the school, the building continued to stand until December of 1957, when it was demolished as part of the city’s Oak Street Redevelopment Project.”