Michael E Fitzsousa
Director, Strategic Communications
Departments & OrganizationsProgram for Biomedical Ethics
Michael Fitzsousa joined the School of Medicine in 1994 as a writer and editor in the Office of Public Information. He served as editor of Yale Medicine magazine from 1997 to 2010 and various other communications roles, including director of publications and communications director. Since 2010 he has been director of strategic communications, with a focus on digital media, internal communications, and project management.
Michael’s activities include:
- Editing of the School of Medicine’s news feed on the YSM homepage
- Editing of the events and announcements newsletter, the Weekly Digest, distributed by email each Friday morning.
- Management of the YaleMedicine YouTube channel
- Development and production of digital media content, including short original video programs focusing on the school’s primary missions.
- Production of 333 Cedar Street, the dean’s newsletter for alumni, faculty, students, and staff.
- Special publications including Medicine at Yale: The First 200 Years, a book marking the school’s Bicentennial in 2010; and 100 Reasons, a viewbook for prospective students.
- Ancient Art, Modern Science, a half-hour documentary about the school.
- Bicentennial Voices, a series of 10 short videos focusing on the people and events that shaped the school.