Frustrated by low returns on your investments? Worried about volatility in the stock market? A charitable gift annuity is a good investment option in today’s economy. Yale can help you maximize your investment returns while safeguarding your funds and supporting medical research in the future. A charitable gift annuity can provide fixed income to you now at an attractive rate.
How it works
1. You transfer cash or securities to a Yale gift annuity.
2. Yale pales you, or up to two annuitants you name, a lifetime annuity.
3. The remainder passes to the School of Medicine, for the purpose you designate, when the contract ends.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your gift.
- Your lifetime annuity is backed by all of Yale's assets.
- Your annuity payments are treated as part ordinary income, part capital gains income and part tax-free income.
- You have the satisfaction of making a significant gift that benefits you now and the School of Medicine later.
For more information or a personalized charitable gift annuity illustration, visit yale.planyourlegacy.org/GIFTcharitg.php or contact Jancy Houck, Associate Vice President for Development and Director of Medical Development, at 203-436-8560.