Keith A Hawkins PsyD
Professor of Psychiatry; Director, Neuropsychological Assessment Service, Psychiatry
Psychometric properties and validity of neuropsychological methods; Neuropsychological characteristics of psychiatric conditions; Cognitive features and course of prodromal neurodegenerative disorders.
Current ProjectsCurrent research involvements include
- Studies of the novel antipsychotics;
- The pre-first-episode prodrome of schizophrenia;
- Tardive dyskinsia prediction, onset, and course; and
- Monitoring of the the effects of transcranial magnetic stimulation as a treatment for intractable auditory hallucinations on neuropsychological functioning.
- Additional activities include dementia screening and differentialdiagnosis, and forensic consulting on both civil (e.g., allegedtraumatic brain injury) and criminal cases.
- Consulting on civil and criminal cases pertaining to actual or alleged brain injury or disease-related compromise.
- Consulting on work related claims where brain status or limitations are an issue, e.g., work place accommodations or work site accident claims.
- General assessment of intellectual ability or competence.