Stephanie Samples O'Malley PhD
Professor of Psychiatry; Director, Division of Substance Abuse Research in Psychiatry; Deputy Chair, Clinical Research
Departments & Organizations
Office of Student ResearchCancer Prevention and ControlPsychiatry: Connecticut Mental Health Center: Division of Substance Abuse; Substance Abuse Research; Center for the Translational Neuroscience of Alcoholism; Center for Nicotine and Tobacco Use Research at Yale (CENTURY); Smoking Cessation and Alcohol Treatment Research Clinic; Psychotherapy Development Center; Stress & Addiction Clinical Research Program; Psychology Section; Addictions, Division of; Women's Behavioral Health Research, Division of; Yale Tobacco Center of Regulatory ScienceCancer Prevention and Control
Medications development for alcoholism and smoking; Risk reduction and young adult drinking; tobacco regulatory science; treatment methodology; patient treatment matching; biomarkers of treatment response more...
- B.S., Vanderbilt University, 1976
- Ph.D., Vanderbilt University, 1983
- Rojewski AM, Toll BA, O'Malley SS. (2013). Menthol Cigarette Use Predicts Treatment Outcomes of Weight-Concerned Smokers. Nicotine Tob Res. 2013 Oct 10. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 24113927.
- DeMartini KS, Palmer RS, Leeman RF, Corbin WR, Toll BA, Fucito LM, O'Malley SS. (2012). Drinking Less and Drinking Smarter: Direct and Indirect Protective Strategies in Young Adults. Psychol Addict Behav. 2012 Oct 22. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 23088406
- Fucito LM, Park A, Gulliver SB, Mattson ME, Gueorguieva RV, O'Malley SS. (2012). Cigarette smoking predicts differential benefit from naltrexone for alcohol dependence. Biological Psychiatry, 72(10):832-8.PMID: 23088406