Elizabeth Ralevski PhD
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
Alcoholism; Dual Diagnosis; Personality; Personality Disorders; Psychiatric comorbidity; Pharmacology; Stress
Stress Reactivity in Veterans Receiving Pharmacological Treatment for PTSD and Alcohol Dependence
Dr. Ralevski is pursuing research into various aspects of substance abuse, with a primary focus on alcoholism. Current research projects are focusing on treatment studies with novel psychopharmacological approaches to the treatment of individuals who are diagnosed with alcoholism and other psychiatric conditions including depression, post traumatic stress disorder, schizophrenia and borderline personality disorder. Her other research examines factors, such as stress, that may lead to the development and maintenance of alcoholism and other mental disorders.
- Ralevski E, Petrakis I. Substance use disorders and personality disorders: Models of comorbidity. Current Medical Literature, 2007, 18(4): 109-115.
- Ralevski E, Ball S, Nich C, Limoncelli D., Petrakis I. The impact of personality disorders on alcohol-use outcomes in a pharmacotherapy trial for alcohol dependence and comorbid Axis I disorders. American Journal on Addictions, 2007, 16(6): 443-449.
- Gianoli MO, Jane JS, O’Brien E, Ralevski E. Treatment for comorbid personality disorder and alcohol use disorders: A review of the evidence and future recommendations. (in press in Experimental and Clinical Psychopharmacology)
- Petrakis IL, Ralevski E, Desai N, Trevisan L, Gueorgeuieva R, Rounsaville B, VA VISN I MIRECC Study, Krystal J. Noradrenergic vs serotonergic antidepressant with/without naltrexone for veterans with PTSD and comorbid alcohol dependence. Neuropsychopharmacology, advance online publication 16 Nov 2011, doi: 10.1038/npp.2011.283 PMID: 22089316
- Ralevski E, Perrino A, Acampora G, Koretski J, Limoncelli D, Petrakis I. Analgesic effects of ethanol are influenced by family history of alcoholism and personality traits. Alcoholism: Clinical & Experimental Research. 2010; 34(8):1433-41
- Ralevski E, O’Brien E, Jane JS, Dwan R, Dean E, Edens E, Arnaout B, Keegan K, Drew S, Petrakis I. Treatment with acamprosate in patients with schizophrenia spectrum disorders and comorbid alcohol dependence. Journal of Dual Diagnosis, 2011; 7 (1):64-73.
- Ralevski E, O’Brien E, Jane SJ, Dean E, Dwan R, Petrakis I. Effects of acamprosate on cognition in a treatment study of patients with schizophrenia and schizophrenia spectrum disorder and comorbid alcohol dependence. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 2011; 199 (7): 499-505.
- Ralevski E, Perry EB, D’Souza DC, Bufis V, Elander J, Limoncelli D, Vendetti M, Dean E, Cooper T, McKee S, Petrakis, I. Preliminary findings on the interactive effects of IV ethanol and IV nicotine on human behavior and cognition: A laboratory study. Nicotine and Tobacco Research. Advance Access published December 16, 2011, doi: 10.1093/ntr/ntr258