Ariadna Forray MD
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
Reproductive Psychiatry; Substance Abuse in Pregnancy
The intersection between the brain and behavior is something that has interested me throughout my educational and professional development. The overarching goal of my research is to narrow the gap in our understanding of the role of the hormonal milieu and psychological factors during the perinatal period on substance use disorders, in order to enhance treatment and long-term abstinence.
- Forray A, Merry B, Lin H, Ruger JP, Yonkers K. Perinatal substance use: a prospective evaluation of abstinence and relapse. Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 2015; Epub
- Yonkers KA, Forray A, Nich C, Carroll CM, Hine C, Merry BC, Howard S, Howard J, Sofuoglu M. Progesterone for the reduction of cocaine use in postpartum women with a cocaine use disorder: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, pilot study. Lancet Psychiatry. 2014; 1(5):360-367.
- Forray A, Gotman N, Kershaw T, Yonkers KA. Perinatal Smoking and Depression in Women with Concurrent Substance Use. Addict Behav. 2014; 39(4):749-56.
- Yonkers KA, Smith MV, Forray A, Epperson CN, Costello D, Kin H, Belanger K. Pregnant women with posttraumatic stress disorder and risk of preterm birth. JAMA Psychiatry. 2014; 71(8):897-904.
- Yonkers KA, Forray A, Howell HB, Gotman N, Kershaw T, Rounsaville BJ, Carroll KM. Motivational Enhancement Therapy Coupled with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy versus Brief Advice: A Randomized Trial for Treatment of Hazardous Substance Use in Pregnancy and After Delivery. Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 2012; 34(5):439-49.
- Forray A, Focseneanu M, Pittman B, McDougle CJ, Epperson CN. Onset and exacerbation of obsessive-compulsive disorder in pregnancy and the postpartum period. J Clin Psychiatry. 2010;71(8):1061-8.
- Forray A, Magriples U, Mayes L, Epperson, CN. Prevalence of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder in Pregnant Women with Prior Pregnancy Complications. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2009;22(6):522-7.