Psychology fellows in the internship program train within one of two Yale-affiliated organizations: the Connecticut Mental Health Center (CMHC) and Yale-New Haven Hospital (YNHH). Prospective interns, referred to as psychology fellows, apply to one of the 11 placements that are based in these facilities. Follow the links below to learn more about these facilities and placements. Download the grid that maps placements by facility, primary versus secondary placement option, full versus part-time, and primary-secondary placement combinations.
Connecticut Mental Health Center (CMHC)
CMHC offers child and adult individual, family, and group psychotherapy, as well as a wide range of consultative, psychoeducational, preventive, program evaluation, and community-oriented services, and incorporates a Neuropsychological and Psychological Assessment Service. The Center participates actively with community agencies and organizations in the development of comprehensive mental health services and new treatment models.
- Adult Inpatient Services / Acute Inpatient Unit
- Adult Community Mental Health Services / 34 Park Street
- Child & Adolescent Services / West Haven Mental Health Clinic
- Forensic Addiction Services / Forensic Drug Diversion Clinic
- Hispanic Behavioral Health Services / The Hispanic Clinic
- Neuropsychological & Psychological Assessment Service
- Substance Abuse Services / Substance Abuse Treatment Unit
- Consultation, Prevention & Program Evaluation Services / The Consultation Center (TCC)
- Young Adult Service
Yale-New Haven Hospital (YNHH)
YNHH is the major teaching and clinical research facility of the Yale University School of Medicine. It is a non-profit, 1,541 bed tertiary medical center that provides comprehensive healthcare for Connecticut residents and patients referred nationally and internationally. Yale-New Haven Hospital's medical and psychiatric services extend across two New Haven campuses and includes: the NCI-designated Smilow Cancer Hospital, Yale-New Haven Children's Hospital, and the 114 bed Yale-New Haven Psychiatric Hospital (YNHPH) with its six acute care inpatient programs and a range of intensive outpatient/day hospital programs. Psychological services are provided within the hospital's psychiatric ambulatory services, as well as several integrated multidisciplinary medical settings.