Depressive Disorder; Psychiatry; Sex Differentiation; Stress, Psychological; Women's Health; Behavior, Addictive; Tobacco Use Cessation
Psychiatry: Neuroscience Research Training Program (NRTP) | Psychology Section | Specialized Center of Research (SCOR) to Develop Gender-Sensitive Treatment for Tobacco Dependence | Women's Behavioral Health Research, Division of | Yale Translational Center to Develop Gender-Sensitive Treatment for Tobacco Dependence
Carolyn M. Mazure is a Professor of Psychiatry and Psychology. She created and directs Yale's research program on health and gender, Women's Health Research at Yale, which initiates and supports innovative studies on women's health and translates findings into practice. Professor Mazure's own research focuses on the development of models for understanding depression and addictive disorders, with a special emphasis on gender-based analyses.
Specialized Terms: Depression; Addictive behaviors; Women's health research; Gender specific aspects of health and disease and the interplay of stress
- Weinberger AH, Mazure CM, Morlett A, McKee SA. Two decades of smoking cessation treatment research on smokers with depression: 1990-2010. Nicotine and Tobacco Research, 15(6):1014-1031, 2013.
- Smith MV, Ramsay C, Mazure CM. Understanding disparities in subpopulations of women who smoke. Current Addiction Reports, 1; 1(1):69-74, 2014.
- Weinberger AH, Pilver CE, Mazure CM, McKee SA. Stability of smoking status in the US population: a longitudinal investigation. Addiction, 109(9):1541-1553, 2014.
- Smith PH, Rose JS, Mazure CM, Giovino GA, McKee SA. What is the evidence for hardening in the cigarette smoking population? Trends in nicotine dependence in the U.S., 2002-2012. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 1; 142:333-340, 2014.
- Mazure CM, Weinberger AH, Pittman B, Sibon I, Swendsen J. Gender and stress in predicting depressive symptoms following stroke. Cerebrovascular Disorders, 38(4):240-246, 2014.
- Smith PH, Mazure CM, McKee SA. Smoking and mental illness in the U.S. population. Tobacco Control, 23:e147-153, 2014.
- Smith PH, Potenza MN, Mazure CM, McKee SA, Park CL, Hoff RA. Compulsive sexual behavior among male military veterans: prevalence and associated clinical factors. Journal of Behavioral Addictions, 3:214-222, 2014.
- Weinberger AH, Pittman B, Mazure CM, McKee SA. A behavioral smoking treatment based on perceived risks of quitting: A preliminary feasibility and acceptability study with female smokers. Addiction Research and Theory, 23:108-114, 2015.
- Weinberger AH, Smith PH, Allen SS, Cosgrove KP, Saladin ME, Gray KM, Mazure CM, Wetherington CL, McKee SA. Systematic and meta-analytic review of research examining the impact of menstrual cycle phase and ovarian hormones on smoking and cessation. Nicotine and Tobacco Research, 17:407-421, 2015.
- Verplaetse TL, Weinberger AH, Smith PH, Cosgrove KP, Mineur YS, Picciotto MR, Mazure CM, McKee SA. Targeting the noradrenergic system for gender-sensitive medication development for tobacco dependence. Nicotine and Tobacco Research, 17:486-495, 2015.
- Sullivan TP, Flanagan JC, Dudley DN, Holt LJ, Mazure CM, McKee SA. Correlates of smoking status among women experiencing intimate partner violence: Substance use, posttraumatic stress, and coping. American Journal of Addictions, 24(6):546-53, 2015.
- Oberleitner L, Smith PH, Weinberger AH, Mazure CM, McKee SA. Impact of exposure to childhood stressors on transitions to alcohol dependence in women and men. Child Maltreatment, 20(4):301-8, 2015.
- Mazure CM, Jones DP. Twenty years and still counting: including women as participants and studying sex and gender in biomedical research. BMC Womens Health, 15(1):94, 2015.