Who We Are
The Parachute Factory, established January 2008, is a unique collaboration between the Yale Program for Recovery and Community Health (PRCH),Community Services Network of Greater New Haven (CSN), and the Arts Council of Greater New Haven.
Through collaboration, exploration, and research we seek to:
- Foster community and individual health through the arts
- Stimulate creativity and artistic production on the grassroots level
- Expand access to the arts for people throughout our community
- Move the boundaries of our cultural dialogue into new and unexpected places
- Serve as a resource to artists exploring social themes
Wednesdays 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Thursdays and Fridays 12 noon to 5 p.m.; and by appointment.
Previous Exhibits & Presentations
Parachute Goes to the Dogs
Stella Maria Baer presented her paintings in the Gallery. Reception and event held April 10th, 2012 5-7pm. The event celebrated the work of therapy dogs in our community. Find more about Stella's work at www.stellamariabaer.com.
June - September 2011; Read more
April - June 2011; Read more
The Seventh Billionth Person Project
October 2010 - February 2011; Read more
White Collar. Blue Collar. Pink Slip.
June - September 2010
November 2008 - February 2009; Read more
2008, with "Successes of the Citizens Project: Graduates Talk about Their Lives and Their Experiences" on 10/16/08
2008, with "Routes of Recovery: What Do We Know from Lived Experience" presentation on 8/21/08