Zubin Bhagwagar MBBS, MD, DPhil, MRCPsych
Associate Professor (Adjunct) of Psychiatry
Dr Bhagwagar trained in medicine and psychiatry at Delhi University India and subsequently retrained in psychiatry at the University of Oxford, United Kingdom where he obtained membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists. He has been at Yale University since 2005 and has a specific interest in the clinical application of state of the art neuroimaging paradigms to understand the neurobiology of recurrent depression. Paradigms used include positron emission tomography, magnetic resonance spectroscopy and fMRI.
Since 2009 Dr Bhagwagar has been working in Research and Development at Bristol-Myers Squibb in Wallingford, CT.
- Depression, UK
A Study of GABA And 5-HT Interactions to Test a Molecular Model of Vulnerability
Education & Training
- Maulana Azad Medical College (1989)
- Maulana Azad Medical College (1994)
- University of Oxford (2004)
- University of Delhi, India, Psychiatry (1991 - 1994)
- University of Oxford, Rotational Training Scheme in Psychiatry (1995 - 1998)
- Clinical Research Fellow
- Institute of Psychiatry, King's College London, Forensic Psychiatry (1998 - 1999)
- Medical Research Council Clinical Training Fellow
- Medical School, University Of Oxford, Psychiatry (1999 - 2001)