Dr. Tobias Wasser is a clinician-educator with expertise in forensic and public sector psychiatry. He specializes in the treatment and evaluation of individuals with serious mental illness at the intersection of the public mental health and criminal justice systems. His educational efforts and scholarship are also concentrated in these areas, with a particular interest in developing novel educational models and quality improvement initiatives, and he oversees the quality improvement and patient safety curriculum for the psychiatry residency program. He also serves as the Associate Program Director for the Public Psychiatry Fellowship and has published and presented on a wide variety of topics related to the intersection of the mental health and criminal justice systems, public policy implications, and novel educational approaches to translating this information to students, trainees and practitioners.
- Wasser T, Ross DA. Another Step Forward: A Novel Approach to the Clinician-Educator Track for Residents. Acad Psychiatry. 2016 [Epub ahead of print]
- Wasser T, Grunschel BD, Stevens A, Capurso NA, Ralevski E, Barkil-Oteo A, Trevisan L. Transforming Systems of Care Through a Novel Resident-Led Approach to Morbidity and Mortality Conferences. Acad Psychiatry. 2016 [Epub ahead of print]
- Wasser T, Richards M, Radhakrishnan R, Freedman R. The American Journal of Psychiatry Residents' Journal: Training the Next Generation of Academic Psychiatrists. Am J Psychiatry. 2016;173(5):461-4.
- Norko MA, Wasser T, Magro H, Leavitt-Smith E, Morton FJ, Hollis T. Assessing Insanity Acquittee Recidivism in Connecticut. Behav Sci Law. 2016. doi: 10.1002/bsl.2222. [Epub ahead of print]
- Charoensook J, Sidaros R, Pier K, Millard H, Wasser T, Richards M, Radhakrishnan R. Reflections on an Innovation: The First Trainee-Led Academic Psychiatry Journal. Acad Psychiatry. 2016;40(3):564-5.
- Wasser TD. How do we keep our residents safe? An educational intervention. Acad Psychiatry. 2015; 39(1):94-8.
- Wasser TD, Fox PK. For whom the bell tolls: Silver Alerts raise concerns regarding individual rights and governmental interests. J Am Acad Psychiatry Law. 2013;41(3):421-9.
- Ford JD, Wasser T, Connor DF. Identifying and determining the symptom severity associated with polyvictimization among psychiatrically impaired children in the outpatient setting. Child Maltreat. 2011;16(3):216-26.
- Wasser T. Chapter 9: Recognizing and managing the agitated patient, in A Resident’s Guide to Surviving Psychiatric Training, 3rd Edition. Edited by Foreman T, Dickstein LJ, Garakani A, Jordan AM, Richards M. pp. 53-62.