Attention; Attention Deficit and Disruptive Behavior Disorders; Asperger Syndrome; Comprehension; Executive Function; Psychiatry and Psychology
research in assessment and treatment of ADHD in children, adolescents and adults, especially those with high IQ; impairments of executive functions, memory impairments, reading comprehension problems,difficulties with written expression, ADHD complicated by other disorders, medication treatments for ADHD
Specialized Terms: Attention Deficit Disorders (ADD/ADHD); Executive Function impairments, ADHD with High IQ; Learning Disorders; reading comprehension problems, sleep disorders in ADHD, Asperger's Disorder and ADHD, OCD and ADHD, cognitive impairments in perimenopausal women, medication treatments for ADHD
Extensive Research Description
ADHD in high IQ children, adolescents and adults; reading comprehension problems; difficulties with written expression, assessment of medication treatment effects in ADHD, cognitive impairments in perimenopausal women
- Brown, T.E., Reichel, P.C., Quinlan, D.M.(2011). Executive Function Impairments in High IQ Children and Adolescents with ADHD. Open Journal of Psychiatry. 2011, 1, 56-65.
- Brown, T.E. (2013) A New Understanding of ADHD in Children and Adults: Executive Function Impairments. New York: Routledge
- Brown, T.E. (Ed) (2009) ADHD Comorbidities: Handbook of ADHD Complications in Children and Adults. Washington, D.C. American Psychiatric Press.
- Brown, T.E. (2005) Attention Deficit Disorder: The Unfocused Mind in Children and Adults. New Haven, CT.: Yale University Press.
- Brown, T.E., Reichel, P.C. & Quinlan, D.M. (2009) Executive Function Impairments in High IQ Adults with ADHD. J. Attention Disorders 13 (2) 44-50.
- Barkley, R.A. & T.E. Brown (2008) Unrecognized Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder in Adults Presenting with Other Psychiatric Disorders. CNS Spectrums 13 (11) 977-984.
- Smart but Stuck: Emotions in Teens and Adults with ADHD Jossey-Bass/Wiley