Susan H Busch PhD
Associate Professor of Public Health (Health Policy); Chair, Health Policy and Management
Health insurance; mental health care; Affordable Care Act implementation
- Effects of the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) on behavioral health care use and spending.
- Demand for the chronic care model in behavioral health
- Involuntary use of out-of-network health care
- Financial incentives to quit smoking in Connecticut Medicaid
- Transitions clinic network: linking high-risk Medicaid patients from prison to community
- Implications of the Affordable Care Act for individuals with behavioral health disorders
- FDA safety warnings and antidepressant use among youths
- Brief interventions for alcohol and other drug problems in the Emergency Department
- Kyanko KA, L Curry, SH Busch (2012). Out-of-Network Physicians: How Prevalent is Involuntary Use and Cost Transparency? Health Services Research. In press.
- Busch SH, E Golberstein, E Meara. The FDA and ABCs: The Unintended Consequences of Antidepressant Warnings on Human Capital. NBER Working Paper No 17426. September 2011
- Busch, SH (2012). Implications of the Mental Health Parity and Addictions Equity Act. American Journal of Psychiatry 169(1):1-3.
- Barry CL, JP Weiner, K Lemke K, SH Busch (2012). Risk Adjustment in Health Insurance Exchanges for Individuals with Mental Illness. American Journal of Psychiatry 169(7): 704-709.
- Howard, DH, SH Busch, KE Thorpe (2010). Understanding Recent Increases in Chronic Disease Treatment Rates: More Diseases or More Detection? Health Economics, Policy and Law, 5(4):411-35.
- Busch SH, RG Frank, A Martin, CL Barry (2011). Characterizing declines in pediatric antidepressant use after new risk disclosures. Medical Care Research and Review, 68(1):96-111.