Analytical, Diagnostic and Therapeutic Techniques and Equipment; Psychiatry and Psychology; Health Care
Public Health Interests
Drug Abuse/Addition; Health risk behaviors; Risky Behaviors; Sexually-transmitted diseases; Substance abuse
Extensive Research Description
Principal Investigators: Rani Hoff, Ph.D., & Shane Kraus, Ph.D.
VISN1 MIRECC, VA CT Healthcare System
Pilot Project Title: Survey of Veterans’ Sexual Health and Well-being
Period: July 2014 to Present
- Kraus, S.W., Potenza, M. N., Martino, S., & Grant, J. E. (2015). Examining the psychometric properties of the Yale-Brown Obsessive-Compulsive Scale in a sample of compulsive pornography users. Comprehensive Psychiatry http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.comppsych
- Stein, C. H., Leith, J. E., Osborn, L. A., Greenburg, S., Petrowski, C. E., Jesse, S., Kraus, S. W., & May, M. C. (2014). Mental health system historians: Adults with schizophrenia describe changes in community mental health care over time. Psychiatric Qu
- Kraus, S. W., Rosenberg, H., & Tompsett, C. J. (2015). Assessment of self-efficacy to employ self-initiated pornography use-reduction strategies. Addictive Behaviors, 40, 115-118 10.1016/j.addbeh.2014.09.012.
- Epstein-Ngo, Q. M., Walton, M. A., Sanborn, M., Kraus, S., Blow, F., Cummingham, R., & Chermack, S.T. (2014). Distal and proximal factors associated with partner and non-partner aggression among patients in substance abuse treatment. Journal of Substance
- Rosenberg, H., & Kraus, S. (2014). The relationship of “passionate attachment” for pornography with sexual compulsivity, frequency of use, and craving for pornography. Addictive Behaviors, 39, 1012-1017. doi:10.1016/j.addbeh.2014.02.010
- Chermack, S. T., Murray, R., Kraus, S., et al. (2014). Characteristics and treatment interests among individuals with substance use disorders and a history of past six-month violence: Findings from an emergency department study. Addictive Behaviors, 39, 2
- Kraus, S., & Rosenberg, H. (2014). The pornography craving questionnaire: Psychometric properties. Archives of Sexual Behavior, 43, 451-462. doi: I 10.1007/s10508-013-0229-3
- Kraus, S. W., Rosenberg, H., et al. (2012). Assessing self-efficacy to reduce one’s drinking: Further evaluation of the Alcohol Reduction Strategies-Current Confidence questionnaire. Alcohol and Alcoholism, 47, 312-316. doi:10.1093/alcalc/agr172.