Ralph Edward Hoffman MD
Professor of Psychiatry; Medical Director, Intensive Outpatient Program at Yale-New Haven Psychiatric Hospital
Departments & Organizations
Yale Medical Group
NIMH Research Training Program in Childhood-onset Neuropsychiatric Disorders
Psychiatry: General Adult Intensive Outpatient Program | Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation | Adult Psychiatry | Dual Diagnosis Intensive Outpatient Program
Schizophrenia; Psychosis; Hallucinations; Delusions, Paranoia, Language; Pathophysiology; Neural network computer modeling; Transcranial magnetic stimulation; fMRI more...
- B.S., Brown University, 1971
- M.D., Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1976
- Hoffman RE, Grasemann U, Gueorguieva R, Quinlan D, Lane D, Miikkulainen R. Using computational patients to evaluate illness mechanisms in schizophrenia. Biological Psychiatry 2011;69:997-1005
- Hoffman, R.E, Pittman, B., Constable, R.T., Bhagwagar, Z., Hampson, M. Time-course of regional brain activity accompanying auditory/verbal hallucinations in schizophrenia. British Journal of Psychiatry 2011;198:277-283.
- Hoffman, R.E., Fernandez, T., Pittman, B., Hampson, M. Elevated functional connectivity along a corticostriatal loop and the mechanism of auditory/verbal hallucinations in patients with schizophrenia. Biological Psychiatry 2011;69:407-14.