Nancy E Suchman PhD
Associate Professor of Psychiatry and in the Child Study Center
Departments & Organizations
Mother-child relations; Human attachment; Substance abuse; Intervention development and evaluation; Neurobiology of parenting and addiction more...
- B.A., Cornell University, 1979
- M.S., Syracuse University, 1986
- Ph.D., Colorado State University, 1994
- Suchman, N., Pajulo, M., & Mayes, L. (Eds.) (in press). Parenting and substance addiction: Developmental approaches to intervention. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Suchman, N. E., DeCoste, C., Rosenberger, P., & McMahon, T. J. (2012). Attachment-based intervention for substance using mothers: A preliminary test of the proposed mechanisms of change. Infant Mental Health Journal, 33, in press.
- Suchman, N., Pajulo, M., Kalland, M., & DeCoste, C., & Mayes, L. (2012). Mentalization-based interventions for at-risk mothers of infants and toddlers. In A. W. Bateman & P. Fonagy (Eds.). Handbook on mentalizing in mental health practice, pp. 309-346. London, England: American Psychiatric Publishing.