Extensive Research Description
Current research activities include
- CNS correlates of metabolic syndrome
- Effect of college age drinking on the developing brain
- Marijuana and driving
- Cognitive course after left ventricular assistive device cardiac surgery
- Investigator, Yale Alzheimer's Disease Research Center
- Cognitive features of prodromal disease states
- Psychometric properties of neuropsychological tests
- Validity of various methods of inference in neuropsychology
- Hawkins, K.A., Jennings, D., Gilliland, K., Vincent, A., West, A., Marek, K.: Neuropsychological Correlates and Reliability of the ANAM Computerized Cognitive Battery for Parkinson Disease. (2012) Parkinsonism & Related Disorders 18: 864-870.
- Hawkins, K.A. et al. (2008) Neuropsychological Course in the Prodrome and First Episode of Psychosis: Findings from the PRIME Double Blind Treatment Study. Schizophrenia Research,105 (1-3): 1-9
- Hawkins, K. A., Pearlson, G.D. (2011) Age and Gender but not Common Chronic Illnesses Predict Odor Identification in Older African Americans. American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, 19: 777-782.
- The Clinical Neuropsychologist, 29: 442-465.
- Neurobiology of Aging, 32: 63-64
- Movement Disorders, 31: 86-89.
- In D. Tulsky, D. Saklofske, G. Chelune et al. (Eds.) Clinical Interpretation of the WAIS-III and WMS-III. (pp. 211-272). San Diego: Academic Press.
- International Psychogeriatrics, 27: 1929-38.