Judson Alyn Brewer MD/PhD
Assistant Professor (Adjunct) of Psychiatry; Medical Director, Yale Therapeutic Neuroscience Clinic
Departments & Organizations
Addiction; Cognitive Control; Mindfulness training; Relapse Prevention; Smoking Cessation; Meditation; Default mode network; real-time fMRI; neurofeedback more...
- Ph.D., Washington University School of Medicine, 2004
- M.D., Washington University School of Medicine, 2004
- B.A., Princeton University, 5/1996
- Garrison, K. M., Scheinost, D., Worhunsky, P. D., Elwafi, H. M., Thornhill IV, T. A., Thompson, E., Saron, C., Desbordes, G., Kober, H., Hampson, M., Gray, J. R., Constable, R. T., Papademetris, X., J. A. Brewer. (2013) “Real-time fMRI links subjective experience with brain activity during focused attention” NeuroImage 81:110-118.
- Garrison, K. M., Santoyo, J. F., Davis, J. H., Thornhill IV, T. A., Thompson, Kerr, C. E., Brewer, J. A. (2013) “Effortless awareness: using real-time neurofeedback to probe correlates of posterior cingulate cortex activity in meditators’ self-report.” Frontiers in Human Neuroscience 7: 440.
- Elwafi, H. M., Witkiewitz, K., Mallik, S., Thornhill, T. A., Brewer, J. A., (2013) “Mechanisms of mindfulness training in smoking cessation: moderation of the relationship between craving and cigarette use.” Drug and Alcohol Dependence 130(1-3): 222-29.