- Zonana, H., “Confidentiality and Record Keeping,” in The Psychiatric Report- Principles and Practice of Forensic Writing ed. By Buchanan, A., Norko, M., Cambridge Univ. Press 2011 pp 35-55.
- Zonana, H, M.D., Buchanan, A., M.D., “Ethical Issues in the Treatment of Sex Offenders.” Sex Offenders – Identification, Risk Assessment, Treatment, and Legal Issues (Eds. Saleh, F.M., M.D., Grudzinaskas, Jr., A.J., J.D., Bradford, J.M, M.D., Brodsky, D. J., LLB.) Oxford University Press 2009; Chapter 29, pp 425 - 440.
- Zonana, H.: Physicians Must Honor Refusal of Treatment to Restore Competency by Non-Dangerous Inmates on Death Row, J. Law, Medicine & Ethics, 2010, v. 38, #4, pp 764-773.
- Zonana, H., M.D. “Physicians Should Not Be Agents of the Police.” Psychiatric Services; A Journal of the American Psychiatric Association. August 2005; Vol. 56, No. 8, pp 1021
- Zonana, H., M.D., Roth, A., M.D., Coric, V., M.D.: “Forensic Assessment of Sex Offenders” Textbook of Forensic Psychiatry American Psychiatric Publishing. 2004; Vol. 16, pp 349-375
- Zonana, Howard, MD: “Competency to be Executed and Forced Medication: Singleton v. Norris,” Journal of the American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law, 2003, 31:372-376
- Zonana, H., M.D., and Jeffrey L. Metzner, M.D., commentaries by. “Clinical Case 3: Confidentiality of Patient Records Requested by the Court” Ethics Forum, American Medical Association. http://ama-assn.org/ama/pub/category. October 2003; Vol. 5, No. 10
- Zonana, H., M.D. “Ethics Journal of the American Medical Association” October 2003; Vol. 5, No. 10