Psychiatry and Psychology
Public Health Interests
Behavioral Health; Cardiovascular Disease; Community health; Dementia; Depression; End-of-Life Issues; Health Disparities; Health Services Research; Mental Health; Psychiatric Epidemiology
Extensive Research Description
1. NOAHS Study (NIMH R01 MH085740).: "Intracranial Atherosclerosis and Predictors of Post-CABG Depression," P.I.: Hochang Lee
2. Dexilirium Study (NIA R01 AG029656): "Perioperative Cognitive Protection – Dexmedetomidine and Cognitive Reserve," P.I.: Jeff Silverstein, M.D. (Site PI: Hochang Lee, M.D.).
3. Hepatic Encephalopathy MRS study (Yale Liver Center/ NIDDK P30 DK34989): "Flumazenil treatment of Hepatic Encephalopathy and Changes in cortical GABA levels," P.I.: Hochang Benjamin Lee
4. RLS Neuroimaging Study (RLS Foundation Research Grant): "Comparison of Structural and Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging between Patients with Early-onset versus Late-onset RLS," PI: Hochang Benjamin Lee
- Sledge WH, Gueorguieva R, Desan P, Bozzo J, Dorset J, Lee HB. Multidisciplinary Proactive Psychiatric Consultation Service: Impact on Length of Stay for Medical Inpatients”, Journal of Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, 2015, in press.
- Kim, MT, Kim BK, Han HR, Huh BY, Nguyen T, Lee HB. Prevalence and Predictors of Depression in Korean American Elderly: Findings from the Memory and Aging Study of Koreans (MASK). Am J Geri Psych, 2015, in press.
- Lee HB, Mears SC, Rosenberg P, Leoutsakos JM, Gottschalk A, Sieber FE. Predisposing factors for post-operative delirium after hip fracture repair among patients with and without dementia. J Am Geriatr Soc, 2011; 59; 2306-2313
- Allen RP, Piccchietti DL, Garcia-Borreguero, Ondo WG, Wlaters AS, Winkelman JW, Zucconi MZ, Ferri R, Trenkwalder C, Lee HB. Restless legs syndrome/Willis-Ekbom disease diagnostic criteria: updated International Restless Legs Syndrome Group (IRLSSG) consensus criteria- history, rationale, description, and significance, Sleep Med, 2014; 15: 860-873.
- Lee HB. Forget-me-nots. J Am Geriatr Soc, 2013; 61: 1810-1811
- Lee HB. My Father’s Shoes. Am J Psychiatry, 2011; 168: 1031-1032
- Lee SY, Martins S, Keyes K, Lee HB. Prevalence of mental health service utilizations among Asians with DSM-IV mental disorders in the United States. Psych Service, 2011; 62: 1180-1186.