Public Health Interests
Aging; Chronic disease management; Depression; HIV/AIDS; Psychological Trauma; Schizophrenia
- Simon-Areces, J., Dietrich, MO, Hermes, G, and T. Horvath, UCP2 regulates neuronal differentiation of the hippocampus and related adult behavior, PLoS ONE 2012, 7(8):e42911.
- Hermes, G., Li, N., Duman, C. and R. Duman, Post-weaning chronic social isolation produces significant behavioral dysregulation with decreases in prefrontal cortex synaptic-associated protein and glutamate receptor expression in female rats. Physiology and Behavior, Special Issue on Stress, 2010, 104(2011): 354-359.
- Hermes, G., Delgado, B., Krausz, T., Conzen, S., and M. K. McClintock, Social isolation dysregulates stress and behavioral responses and increases the burden and malignancy of spontaneous mammary tumors. Proceedings of the National Academy, 2009, 106(52)
- Hermes, G, James W Ajioka, Krystyna A Kelly, Ernest Mui, Fiona Roberts, Kristen Kasza, Thomas Mayr, Michael J Kirisits, Robert Wollman, David Ferguson, Craig W Roberts, Jong-Hee Hwang, Toria Trendler, Richard P Kennan, Yasuhiro Suzuki, Catherine Reardon, Adam W Hickey, Lieping Chen and Rima McLeod. Neurological and behavioral abnormalities, ventricular dilatation, altered cellular functions, inflammation, and neuronal injury in brains of mice due to common, persistent, parasitic infection. Journal of Neuroinflammation, 2008,5:48.
- Hermes, G. and M. K. McClintock. Isolation and the timing of mammary gland development, gonadarche, and estropause: implications for mammary tumor burden. Developmental Psychobiology, 2007, 50(4):353-60.
- Hermes, G. Rosenthal, L. Montag, A. and M.K. McClintock. Social isolation and the inflammatory response: Sex differences in the enduring effects of a prior stressor. American Journal of Physiology: Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative Physiology, 2006, 290:R273-R282.
- Hermes, G., Jacobs, L. and M. K. McClintock. A novel foraging field to quantify spatial cognition, learning, and memory (2005). Neurobiology of Learning and Memory, 84(1):69-73