Gretchen Hermes MTS, MD, PhD
Instructor in Psychiatry
Departments & Organizations
stress; development; social enrichment and neglect; synaptic plasticity, metabolism; mitochondria; schizophrenia, depression, PTSD, anxiety more...
- M.A., Harvard Divinity School, 1997
- Ph.D., University of Chicago, 2003
- M.D., University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, 2007
- Simon-Areces, J., Dietrich, MO, Hermes, G, and T. Horvath, UCP2 regulates neuronal differentiation of the hippocampus and related adult behavior, PLoS ONE 2012, 7(8):e42911.
- Hermes, G., Li, N., Duman, C. and R. Duman, Post-weaning chronic social isolation produces significant behavioral dysregulation with decreases in prefrontal cortex synaptic-associated protein and glutamate receptor expression in female rats. Physiology and Behavior, Special Issue on Stress, 2010, 104(2011): 354-359.
- Hermes, G., Delgado, B., Krausz, T., Conzen, S., and M. K. McClintock, Social isolation dysregulates stress and behavioral responses and increases the burden and malignancy of spontaneous mammary tumors. Proceedings of the National Academy, 2009, 106(52):22393-8.